An eye-popping array of color with bold layers of sweet, savory, and acidic make this a spectacular side dish.
- 1 Pound Brussel sprouts
- 3 Slices thick-cut smoked bacon cut in ½ inch slices
- 1 Each roasted red pepper cut into large dice
- 1 Pomegranate (you will need approximately 1/2 cup of arils or the seeds)
- 1 Small red onion, julienned
- ½ C water
- ½ C Apple cider vinegar
- ½ C Granulated Sugar
- 1 T Pickling spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ML CBD Oil
- Cut the stem of the Brussels sprouts down to the base of the vegetable.
- Make an X with a paring knife creating about 1/4-inch incision into the sprout.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a pot of boiling salted water.
- Once the water returns to a boil cook them for about 5 more minutes or until they are still firm when a paring knife is inserted in them.
- Drain well in a strainer and set aside.
- Cook the bacon until crisp set aside and reserve the rendered bacon fat.
- Place the vinegar, sugar, water, and pickling spice in a pot and bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pickling spice and reserve the liquid returning it to the pot.
- Add the onions, bring to a boil, and simmer on low heat until the onions are completely tender.
- Strain the onions and set aside. You may reserve the pickling liquid for later use.
- Onions can be made well in advance, up to 4 weeks before. Just keep refrigerated in the liquid.
- Place a skillet on a high heat, once pan is hot add the reserved bacon fat and the Brussels sprouts.
- Sauté until nicely browned.
- Add the red pepper, onions and pomegranate arils.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the CBD oil, toss and serve immediately.
Reference this guide for help determining amount.
When using CBD, please ensure that all guests are 18 years or older.