If you are new to CBD, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Determine a starting amount, then increase your amount and frequency until you find what works for you. Some people respond quicker than others, and the effect is usually gradual. Don’t give up!
- Initially, we suggest using the tincture oil drops over gummies or softgels because hemp-derived CBD enters the body quicker.
- When taking the tinctures, place the drops under your tongue and hold in mouth for 60 seconds before swallowing. To avoid contamination, do not touch dropper to mouth.
- Begin with a lower amount, then increase every few days as needed to determine optimal amount to take.
- Some people notice a benefit right away while others take a few days or even a couple of weeks to feel a difference.
- If you notice an immediate benefit, then you might be able to reduce the amount or the frequency.
- If the amount does not seem to work, we suggest gradually increasing it and your frequency of use. In many instances, this will make a difference.
- The effect of CBD may be gradual. When taking it regularly, you may not notice a difference as it can be subtle. If you don’t feel any relief, try stopping for a few days to see if you notice any changes. Again, CBD is different for everyone. Vary your amount and frequency and you’ll likely get the results you’re looking for.
- If you have stepped up to a 50mg serving 2-3 times per day and it does not seem to work, you may need to increase the serving size.
- Take your CBD daily like you would any other supplement. Unlike most other supplements, you’ll need to adjust your serving and frequency until you find what works for you.
The average recommended serving for each of our tinctures is one dropper in your preferred concentration or one softgel or gummy by mouth up to 3 times per day depending on your needs.
Based on our experience, there are several things to consider when determining your starting amount:
- Body weight
- Level of desired effect
- Concentration of CBD in each dropper, softgel or gummy
High Falls Hemp Suggested Amounts
Everyone, including our beloved pet friends, responds differently to CBD. The “average” recommendation on our labeling is: one dropper for tinctures by mouth up to 3x per day. We suggest beginning with a lower amount (for example 1/2 dropper daily), then increase as needed to determine your optimal amount.
Download our suggested amount guide here.
Amount of hemp extract in each dropper, taken under the tongue (sublingually):